After a personal injury, you will have numerous questions surrounding your circumstances. When can I go back to work? How much will the incident cost? But perhaps the most important question you can ask may actually be, “Should I contact a personal injury lawyer?”
Your responses to the following questions can help you determine the answers:
- Have you been injured? The best evidence for a personal injury claim is a swift visit to the hospital immediately following the accident, or as soon as side effects become apparent. Waiting to visit a doctor may convince an insurance company or judge that your injury was not severe, or that the accident in question did not cause it.
- Was your injury a result of someone else’s negligence? If so, enlisting the help of a personal injury lawyer is the best way to begin establishing the reasons you believe the other party was at fault. A lawyer is the best resource you can have when determining negligence.
- Did your injury require medical care? If you needed emergency or in-patient care, surgery, outpatient visits, physical therapy, or if you will need continuous care in the future, a personal injury lawyer can help ensure you gain compensation for expenses associated with each.
- Has the insurance company approached you? Be cautious about signing statements of liability, releases of information, and other documents without first contacting a lawyer. An insurance adjuster’s primary responsibility is to reduce costs for the insurance company – ensuring a settlement adequately compensates the claimant is often best handled with legal representation.
- Has the insurance company already offered a settlement? As stated, insurance companies often attempt to minimize their costs, resulting in dramatically lowered compensation for the insured. In some cases, insurance companies may refuse to pay at all. An experienced personal injury lawyer is the best resource for deciphering the insurance company’s tactics and ensuring you are adequately compensated for all damages incurred.
- Do you feel uncomfortable taking an unsettled insurance case to trial? Very few people can deal with the stress a trial can bring or the technical knowledge it requires. Hiring a personal injury lawyer transfers the burden of determining fault, liability, and calculating adequate compensation to a lawyer with experience. In addition, lawyers are well aware of the ins and outs of the legal proceedings surrounding personal injury cases, ensuring your case is adequately prepared and skillfully argued.
Have you been injured as a result of another party’s negligence and answered yes to one or more of these questions? If so, you would likely benefit from a free consultation to determine how Harrell & Harrell, P.A. can help you ensure you are compensated for your injuries. Not only is a consultation free, but our attorneys are paid out of the end settlement, so we stay with you every step of the way during the process. As one of Jacksonville’s oldest law firms, we pride ourselves in providing representation for those who have suffered from the negligence of others. Reach out now by calling 904-251-1111 or 800-251-1111, or contact us online.