Fernandina Beach Class Action Lawsuit Attorneys
FREE CONSULTATION – NO OBLIGATION
Our Fernandina Beach class action lawyers pursue cases on your behalf when you are part of a group that has been harmed or wronged in a similar way by the same company. Call the class action lawyers at Harrell & Harrell, P.A., in Fernandina Beach at 904-251-1111 or 800-251-1111 to learn more.
A class action lawsuit is the most efficient method of obtaining justice for a large group of people while also making it more likely that the offending organization will stop its misconduct in the future. Pursuing a case against a large company may be too expensive or time-consuming for many individuals, but a class action lawsuit that brings together a group of people makes taking legal action an effective option for everyone in the group.
What to know about business torts.
A tort is a civil wrong (excluding a breach of contract) for which the court or judicial system is used to provide a remedy in the form of damages. All personal injury lawsuits, such as defamation, product liability, unfair competition, or medical malpractice, are litigated as a tort.
Tort cases are not intended to prove whether a crime was committed or prove the guilt of a defendant. A business tort can encompass a wide range of wrongs against a group, business, or individual by another group of businesses or business entity. For a tort case to be successful, four elements must be present and be proven to the court:
- Duty of care: This is a legally enforceable obligation to meet a certain standard of conduct and this must be present in order for a claim to succeed. This element states that a person, manufacturer, or some other entity has a duty of care that must be upheld.
- Breaching duty of care: Intentionally or unintentionally, the defendant must have breached the duty of care.
- Causation resulting in suffering: Although it does not have to be direct (and may have resulted from a sequence of events), the breach of duty must have been the cause of injury to a victim.
- Injury or damage: An emotional, financial, or physical injury as the result of a breach of duty must be present.
Pursue a class action settlement with the help from our Fernandina Beach attorneys.
We are one of the few law firms in Florida that will accept commercial litigation on a contingency fee basis. Some of the areas of law in which we represent business torts for our clients include:
- The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
- Officer and Director Liability
- Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA)
- Qui tams
- Employment law
If you need experienced representation for your class action lawsuit, contact the experts at Harrell & Harrell, P.A., in Fernandina Beach. Contact us online or call 904-251-1111 or 800-251-1111.