Fernandina Beach Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
FREE CONSULTATION – NO OBLIGATION
Our expert workers’ compensation attorneys are ready to help Fernandina Beach residents who have been injured as a result of an accident in the workplace. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call us at 904-251-1111.
What to do if you’ve been injured in a workplace accident.
It’s important to take the proper steps if an injury occurs, including the creation of an accurate record of any workplace injury or accident.
First, and most importantly, notify your employer of the accident or injury immediately after it occurs. Most people aren’t aware that they have only 30 days from the date of the incident to notify the appropriate persons; after 30 days, your claim may be denied.
- Write down the exact time and place of the incident.
- Make a list of all witnesses to the accident.
- Write down a thorough description of how the injury occurred.
- If your injury does not result in an emergency, do not go to a private doctor for treatment without first having your insurance carrier authorize the doctor who will treat you.
- If you are taken to an emergency room, tell the hospital staff that you were injured on the job and provide them with contact information for your employer or your insurance carrier.
- Confirm that your injury was reported to the insurance company by your employer, who should make the report no later than seven days after they learned of the incident.
If your claim for disability benefits and/or medical payments is denied, our workers’ compensation lawyers can help you submit an appeal. Keep in mind that you have only 24 months from the date of your injury and one year from the date of your last payment for authorized medical treatments to file your claim.
Get the workmans’ comp benefits you deserve.
Our Fernandina Beach workers’ comp lawyers are experienced in navigating the complexities of the workers’ compensation laws and procedures. We can help you from the time you are injured through any appeals that may be necessary should your claim be denied. Contact us for help in your initial filing for disability benefits or medical payments, or if you have any questions about your rights under workers’ compensation laws. Call us at 904-251-1111 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.