ORANGE PARK WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAWYERS
FREE CONSULTATION – NO OBLIGATION
If you have been injured as a result of a workplace accident, our Orange Park workers’ compensation attorneys offer free consultations. Call us at 904-251-1111 for expert assistance in filing for disability benefits and/or medical payments under Florida’s workers’ compensation laws.
The purpose of workers’ compensation benefits is to compensate employees who become ill due to circumstances of their jobs or are injured on the job. Any employer with four or more full- or part-time employees is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
It is important that you report any accident, injury, or work-related illness to your employers as soon as possible. The law states that the appropriate persons must be notified within 30 days of the occurrence of the incident—if you wait beyond 30 days, your workers’ compensation claim will be denied.
The claim must also be filed in a timely manner. You have two years from the date of your accidental injuries and one year from the date of your last payment for authorized medical treatments.
Generally, an injured employee is entitled to one of two types of benefits under workers’ compensation laws in Florida:
- The worker can seek the recovery of payments for medically necessary remedial treatments, general care, prescribed medications, and medical devices that are ordered by the workers’ compensation physician.
- The worker can seek payment of money and indemnity benefits for reparation of a work-related disability.
In either case, payments related to workers’ compensation benefits do not include compensation for loss of enjoyment of life, the victim’s pain and suffering, or other similar personal damages.
Why hire an Orange Park workmans’ comp attorney?
The workers’ compensation claim process is complex and strictly regulated, so it can be a challenge to know what to do in the event of a workplace injury or accident. These are some of the steps that should be taken:
- Immediately notify your employer of any accident or injury
- Make written note of the exact time and place of the accident
- Accurately and thoroughly describe how the injury occurred
- List every witness to the workplace accident
- Notify the workers’ compensation insurance carrier of the injury
- Submit timely appeals if benefits are denied
Get a free consultation with an Orange Park workers’ comp lawyer.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations to review the details of your work accident, work-related illness, workers’ compensation claim, or any denial of workers’ comp benefits by an insurance company. Contact Harrell & Harrell, P.A. today at 904-251-1111.