Even a minor accident can be a highly stressful situation for everyone involved, but if you’ve been injured, the effects of an accident can take a serious and long-lasting toll on you. Once you’ve been treated for your injuries, you may wonder if you should get a lawyer or just work with insurance companies directly to quickly settle a claim. At Harrell & Harrell, P.A., our personal injury attorneys know from experience that most people aren’t aware of all of the reasons why they may need an injury attorney after an accident and just how an accident lawyer can help.
Six Reasons to Hire Our Accident Attorneys
Whether your accident resulted in severe injuries or minor ones, experienced personal injury lawyers can help you get fair compensation. They will work on your behalf to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, mental and emotional suffering, and more to help secure your financial future.
When you choose Harrell & Harrell, P.A., here are just some of the advantages of working with our injury lawyers:
- We can help determine if you have a case worth pursuing. One of the most important things we do for you at the outset is to provide honest and objective advice on the strength of your case and your options. A case founded on a realistic plan for resolution is likely to be the most successful in protecting your interests and obtaining fair compensation.
- You won’t pay attorneys’ fees if we don’t win your case. Like many injury attorneys, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means you will pay no attorneys’ fees if no compensation is recovered for you. If we do win your case, we would receive a percentage of a settlement or an award after litigation begins.
- We guide you through complicated legal procedures. Navigating the legal system is often overwhelming, particularly if you’ve never had to deal with it. We know how confusing it can be to file a claim, communicate with insurance company lawyers, gather the right kind of evidence, develop and present a strong case, and make sure documentation is thoroughly and properly completed. With Harrell & Harrell, P.A., as your personal injury lawyers, we keep you informed every step of the way, make sure you understand all of the work we do for you and why, and make recommendations that are always in your best interests.
- You’ll have a team of experts on your side. You won’t have just a single accident attorney working on your case at Harrell & Harrell, P.A.—you’ll have an entire team of attorneys and specialists who will investigate your accident, develop and support your case, properly file your claim, negotiate a settlement offer, or even take your case to court. We have experienced accident investigators, medical experts, and other professionals who will help us build the strongest possible case on your behalf.
- We know how to determine the full cost of your losses. Your medical bills may make up the majority of your initial expenses, but the true cost of your total losses may go well beyond doctors’ bills. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may not be able to work for an extended period of time, or perhaps you won’t ever be able to return to the same kind of work you used to do. You may also have non-economic damages, such as emotional distress or a loss of enjoyment of life. When we seek compensation on your behalf, we take all of your losses into consideration, including expenses already incurred and the income you would have been able to earn in the future if you had not suffered an injury due to another’s carelessness or negligence.
- We know every tactic an insurance company may try to use against you. Big insurance companies wouldn’t be as profitable as they are without teams of lawyers working toward one goal: To pay as little as possible to settle a claim. When you have Harrell & Harrell, P.A., representing you, you have your own team, one that can help level the playing field.
Should You Handle Your Own Accident and Injury Claim?
It’s almost certain that an insurance company will offer you a minimal settlement amount if you choose to handle your own injury claim. You will probably hear from an insurance adjuster or the company’s attorneys surprisingly soon after your accident, because they know that the less time you have to make a settlement decision, the better it will likely be for them.
In addition to not receiving the full compensation you may deserve, settling quickly and without speaking to a personal injury lawyer can have these drawbacks and more:
- Some injuries, even serious ones, may not be immediately evident right after your accident. It may be weeks or months before obvious symptoms appear. If you settle right away, you won’t be able to seek damages for these types of injuries or any other losses that you may have initially overlooked. When you promptly hire an injury attorney after your accident, however, the potential for future medical care will be taken into consideration from the beginning.
- If you’ve been injured, you will have a lot on your hands, from medical bills and missing work to dealing with insurance companies. It’s easy to become overwhelmed, but when you’ve hired an accident attorney, you’ll be able to focus on your recovery while your attorney takes care of the demands of filing your claim.
- When you’re being pressured by an insurance company representative, you may not be aware of all of the rights you have in an accident injury case. An insurance adjuster may also try to convince you that you don’t need an attorney because the insurance company is accepting fault. Keep this in mind: The last thing an insurance company wants to hear from you is that you’ve hired a personal injury lawyer because that company will know that the usual tactics they use won’t be effective.
Types of Accidents In Which You May Need an Attorney
Car accidents may be the first type of accident that comes to mind when you think of personal injury attorneys, but our accident injury experts are experienced in all types of accident cases, including these and more:
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Watercraft accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
No matter what type of accident resulted in your injuries, we offer free, no-obligation consultations and have accident attorneys ready to speak with you any time of day or night, any day of the week.
When to Consider Contacting an Injury Attorney
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s always smart to consult with an experienced attorney. The more severe your injury is, however, the greater the likelihood that you need a personal injury lawyer to ensure that you receive fair compensation. At Harrell & Harrell, P.A., we know what your injury is truly worth and the effects it can have on your and your family’s lives today and well into the future.
Don’t hesitate to call on Harrell & Harrell, P.A., when you’ve suffered any type of injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. Contact us online or call us at 904-251-1111 or 800-251-1111. Our injury attorneys are standing by right now to help.