When a night light becomes scary March 2, 2012 The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) along with American Tack and Hardware, Inc of Saddle River, NJ (AmerTac) have announced a recall of Amertac’s LED Night Light. Approximately 227,000 of these LED Night Lights were produced and sold to the public. AmerTac has received 25 reports of faulty night lights. The problems reported include smoking, burning, charring and melting. Thankfully no injuries have been reported. The recall does not mention any personal property damage or fires so I can’t comment on that aspect, but certainly it is a big safety concern. The LED Night Lights suffers from an electrical short circuit which causes it to overheat, melt and potentailly spark a fire in your home. Three different models of night lights are being recalled. The product can be better identified by following the link to the CSPC recall announcement or by going to the company’s website, www.amertac.com . To prevent potential personal injury or property damage, consumers should immediately stop using these defective night lights and contact AmerTac for refund info.