Northside Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers
FREE CONSULTATION – NO OBLIGATION
When you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or other incident, it can be difficult to get back on your feet. You may be facing challenges such as pain, the need for ongoing medical treatment, inability to work, the effects of medication, the need for assistance with tasks you previously performed on your own, and more.
The personal injury attorneys at Harrell & Harrell know how overwhelming it can be to manage your recovery, follow up with your medical care, deal with financial stress and figure out how best to move forward. That’s why we make it as simple and painless as possible for people who have been injured in and around Northside Jacksonville to get the help they need.
Consult With a Personal Injury Attorney Right Away
You can schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer right now, by calling 904-251-1111, filling out the contact form on this site, or clicking in the bottom right corner to chat. We’ll assess your case, explain the type of damages you may be entitled to, and tell you more about what to expect as a Florida personal injury claim moves forward.
Your initial consultation will also give you the opportunity to engage with our staff and one of our experienced personal injury lawyers to get a better sense of whether we’re the right firm for you. A serious personal injury case can take months or even years to resolve, and it’s important that you are comfortable with and have confidence in the attorneys representing you and the people you’ll interact with throughout the process.
Please feel free to ask questions about our experience with cases like yours, our trial experience, and what you can expect from us as your case moves forward.
Do I Really Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You aren’t required to hire a personal injury attorney to represent you in an injury claim, but it is generally in your best interest to do so. Accepting an insurance company’s settlement offer without consulting an attorney can lead to mistakes you can’t fix. For example, if an insurance company encourages you to settle a case quickly and you agree, you may lose out on compensation for costs you haven’t yet incurred. That means that if you find out later that you need surgery or additional expensive treatment, you may be on your own.
In a personal injury lawsuit, you’ll be expected to comply with all of the same complex and technical requirements as your personal injury lawyer would, from managing deadlines to submitting pleadings in appropriate format with the necessary information to state a claim to knowing how to authenticate evidence and get it admitted in court. Simple mistakes that anyone inexperienced with the Jacksonville legal system could make can seriously harm or even put an end to your case.
How an Injury Lawyer Can Help
When you retain our firm to represent you in a Florida injury case, your accident attorney will:
- Assess your case to identify all possible responsible parties
- Investigate as necessary to build the strongest possible case for you
- Monitor deadlines and take responsibility for procedural requirements
- Serve as a buffer between you and insurance companies that may not have your best interests at heart
- Hire and work with expert witnesses as necessary to establish your claims
- Identify, interview and prepare witnesses on your behalf
- Provide required information to opposing counsel and the court
- Collect information from the responsible party and others through a process called “discovery”
- Negotiate with the insurance company’s attorneys
- If it’s in your best interest, argue your case to a jury
While we manage those issues and more, you can focus on healing and rebuilding.
Our Personal Injury Practice Represents the Injured in the Northside Jax Area
The personal injury lawyers at Harrell & Harrell represent people in and around Northside Jacksonville in a wide variety of personal injury and related cases, including:
- Car Accident and Other Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
- Commercial Truck Accident Cases
- Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Bicycle Accident Claims
- Pedestrian Injury Cases
- Dog Bite Claims
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Slip and Fall and Other Premises Liability Claims
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Cases
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Social Security Disability and Veterans’ Disability Appeals
- Product Liability Cases
- Medical Malpractice Claims
- Boating and Watercraft Accident Cases
- Railroad Injury Claims
Damages in a Northside Jacksonville Personal Injury Case
No personal injury attorney can tell you exactly what your claim is worth, nor guarantee a specific result. In fact, Florida lawyers are prohibited from guaranteeing a result. If an attorney promises you that you will receive a certain amount in your personal injury case, you should probably seek out a different attorney.
That said, an experienced personal injury attorney who has handled similar cases in the same geographical area will have a good idea of the factors that will impact the value of your case. So, your personal injury lawyer can explain the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the types of damages that may be available, and what they’ve seen in personal injury cases similar to yours.
While every case is different, some of the types of damages that may be available in a Northside Jacksonville personal injury case include:
- Compensation for medical expenses and costs of rehabilitation
- Compensation for property lost or damaged in the incident
- Compensation for lost wages due to the injury
- Projected ongoing or future medical expenses due to the injury
- Projected lost future earnings or diminished earning capacity
- Intangible damages such as pain and suffering and loss of quality of life
Learn More about Your Rights after an Injury
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, bitten by a dog, hit by a car as a pedestrian, or in some other way injured through someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. But, the legal system can be complicated and daunting. Your best next step is to talk to an experienced Northside Jacksonville personal injury attorney to learn more about your rights and options.
You can schedule a free consultation with one of the experienced injury lawyers at Harrell & Harrell right now. Just call 904-251-1111, fill out the contact form on this site, or click in the bottom right corner to chat.