The veterans on the Harrell & Harrell, P.A. team understand how important it is for you to receive the veterans disability benefits that you have earned and that you deserve. If your benefits have been denied, our Orange Park VA disability attorneys stand ready to help. Don’t hesitate to schedule your free consultation—call 904-251-1111 today.
Our Orange Park lawyers will assist you with filing your Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits application at no charge. When you choose Harrell & Harrell, P.A. as your representative in appealing a denial, we do not charge you anything if we do not prevail. If we do obtain a retroactive award on your behalf, we receive a contingency fee based on a percentage of the award.
The VA requires that veterans who file for disability benefits establish that their current disability, disease, or illness is connected to their military service. This is known as “establishing a service connection,” and medical opinions and/or records are required to do this. Our team includes medical experts who work with our attorneys in reviewing how your disability may be considered service-connected.
As described by the Veterans Benefits Administration, there are eight steps in the claims process:
1. Your claim is received by the VA.
2. Your claim is assigned to a Veterans Service Representative for review.
3. Evidence may be requested from you, a medical professional, a government agency, or another authority.
4. When all of the necessary evidence is received, the claim is reviewed.
5. The Veterans Service Representative recommends a decision.
6. The recommended decision is reviewed and a final award is approved unless additional information or evidence is required.
7. Your claim decision packet is prepared for mailing to you.
8. The decision packet is sent to you via U.S. Mail.
If you receive notice that your VA disability benefits claim has been denied, you have only one year from the date the denial decision was made to notify the VA that you intend to appeal.
Has your claim been denied, or are you unsatisfied with your disability rating? Don’t wait—call our experienced Orange Park VA disability lawyers at 904-251-1111 or contact us online for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Do I Have a Case?
Get a Free evaluation by filling in the fields and we'll contact you.
Click here to start a live chat