Orange Park Personal Injury Lawyer
FREE CONSULTATION – NO OBLIGATION
A car accident, slip and fall, or other injury can upend your life. After the trauma of the accident, injury victims are often left with a challenging road to recovery. That may include:
- Ongoing medical care
- Large medical bills
- Inability to work, or limitations on work
- Pain and physical limitations
- The need for household assistance or special equipment
- Emotional and psychological stress
If someone else is responsible for your injuries, they may also be liable for damages. That means you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, other costs, and even non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
If you’re like most people who have been injured, you’re probably aware that you may have a personal injury claim. But, you probably also aren’t sure how to pursue damages, how long you have to do so, or maybe even how to find the right personal injury attorney. Too often, that means injury victims take the path of least resistance, accepting whatever settlement the insurance company may offer–or even receiving no compensation at all.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
The first step toward pursuing fair compensation for your injuries is fully understanding your rights and options. An experience Orange Park accident lawyer can provide information such as:
- How long you have to file a personal injury case
- Factors impacting the strength of your case
- Variables affecting the possible value of your case
- What will be required to pursue your claim
Your personal injury attorney can also take responsibility for the challenging work of managing your claim and building the strongest possible case for compensation. For example, the injury lawyer can:
- Help identify possible responsible parties, to ensure that you don’t lose out on compensation because you left someone out of your lawsuit
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, helping protect you against tactics insurers and their attorneys use to minimize or avoid payouts
- Tell you about the common ways injured people often accidentally harm their cases and how to avoid those pitfalls
- Take charge of deadlines and technical requirements that are critical to keeping your case moving forward
- Gathering evidence and identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Hiring expert witnesses and working with them to establish liability and damages
- Help decide whether to accept a settlement offer or take your case to trial
- If it’s in your best interest, argue your case to a Clay County jury
Personal Injury Basics
An experienced Clay County personal injury attorney is the best source of specific information about your case and the best next steps for you. The information below is a general overview of Florida personal injury law to give you an idea of what to expect and a foundation for the questions you’ll want to ask your injury lawyer.
How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Case in Orange Park?
The general statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida is four years from the date the injury occurred. But, that doesn’t mean you should delay speaking with a personal injury lawyer. Some reasons to talk to an accident lawyer as soon as possible after the injury include:
- While most personal injury victims have four years to file a claim, there are exceptions–for example, claims against a governmental entity may have a shorter statute of limitations and required advance notice to the defendant
- Related types of claims, such as wrongful death claims, have shorter statutes of limitations
- The longer you wait to get advice about your personal injury claim, the more likely it is that you will be misled by the insurance company or make honest mistakes that hurt your claim
- Your personal injury attorney will need time to conduct some investigation before filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf
- The sooner your personal injury attorney gets involved in the case, the easier it will be to locate witnesses and secure evidence–over time, physical evidence may be lost or destroyed and witnesses may move or simply remember less about the incident
Fortunately, it’s easy to get the information you need. The veteran personal injury lawyers at Harrell & Harrell offer free consultations to people who have been injured in and around Clay County. You can schedule yours right now by calling 904-251-1111 or filling out the contact form on this site.
What Kind of Damages are Available in a Personal Injury Case?
No attorney can tell you exactly what you can expect in terms of damages. In fact, you should be very wary of any attorney who claims to be able to guarantee a specific amount of compensation.
Damages vary depending on factors such as:
- How seriously injured you were
- Whether the injuries are short-term, long-term, or permanent
- The amount of your medical bills
- The degree to which you may share responsibility for the injury
- How much income and/or future earning capacity you lost
- The amount of available insurance coverage
An experienced local personal injury attorney can tell you more about how each of these and other factors may impact the value of your claim.
What If I’m Partly to Blame for My Injury?
Florida is one of a minority of states that follows a pure comparative fault (also described as pure comparative negligence) system for determining damages in a personal injury case. That means an injured person who was partially to blame for the accident can still recover partial damages.
For example, if the injured person suffered $100,000 in damages, but was found to be 50% responsible for their own injuries, they could recover up to $50,000–half the total damages. If they were found to be only 25% responsible they could recover up to $75,000–75% of the total damages.
Consult an Orange Park Personal Injury Attorney Today
The sooner you connect with a trusted personal injury lawyer, the sooner you’ll be able to set aside stresses like interacting with insurance companies and wondering how you’ll ever pay that growing stack of medical bills. Schedule your free consultation today, so you can turn your full attention to recovering and rebuilding.
How Harrell & Harrell Can Help
Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys helps people in and around Orange Park secure compensation for:
- Personal injuries
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Social Security disability
- Medical malpractice
- Workers’ compensation
- Class action lawsuit
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
Our personal injury law firm has helped thousands of clients who have been the victims of another’s negligence, unreasonable acts, or carelessness. We have seen the devastating impact that an accident can have on a family’s financial well-being, from the immediate expenses incurred for medical care, to long-term effects on livelihoods and beyond.
To help ensure you don’t settle for less than you deserve, we work with you on the basis of a contingency fee — a percentage of a successful verdict or settlement — which means that if we don’t win or settle your case, you pay nothing.
We have a personal injury attorney or accident lawyer available around the clock to arrange a meeting with you wherever works best for you, whether that means in our offices, at your home, or even in the hospital. Call Harrell & Harrell, P.A., at 904-251-1111 to speak to an Orange Park personal injury lawyer now.